ARC is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Vocational/Educational Manager to join its Los Angeles team. The Vocational/Educational Manager will play an integral role in supporting the advancement of the mission of the organization by bringing a practical, but creative perspective to ARC’s vocational and educational needs. This individual will support and build upon all aspects of ARC’s Vocational/Educational programming. This position will help to explore new and innovative vocational and educational opportunities for ARC’s membership and will help to develop new programming that further advances this new and exciting department.
The Vocational/Educational Manager will maintain the departmental infrastructure and systems needed to support the organization’s continued growth over the next 5-10 years. This position will also carry a joint caseload of members that are enrolled in ARC’s Vocational and Educational programming.
The Vocational/Educational Manager will assist in maintaining compliance with government (local and state) contracts and private grants that are related to employment and education. She or he must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Help to create new partnerships with employers and educational institutions.
· Research and track occupational and educational developments (e.g. changes in law, burgeoning employment sectors, higher-education resources) in order to find opportunities, navigate barriers to employment, and access to higher-education for system-impacted people.
· Support and maintain Vocational/Educational grants and contracts.
· Document and gather data related to Vocational/Educational grants and contracts.
· Assist in improving current Vocational/Educational community partner relationships.
· Develop programming and budgets related to new grants and contracts.
· Work closely with Program Director to ensure interdepartmental communication is at the highest level.
· Supervise ARC’s existing Jobs Developer and Pre-Apprenticeship Life Coach
The Vocational/Educational Manager will have 3 to 5 years of professional experience at a rapid-growth nonprofit organization. This person must also be well versed in the obstacles and barriers facing system-impacted individuals in the employment and educational arenas.
The Vocational/Educational Manager will have the following experience and attributes:
· Bachelor’s Degree with specialized, directly related training.
· 3 to 5 years demonstrated experience in the nonprofit sector, including sophisticated fund and grant management, compliance and reporting.
· Innovative, flexible and self-starter.
· Ability to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented.
· Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multidisciplinary, diverse and dynamic team environment.
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to ARC’s mission.
· Strong and effective problem solving skills.
· ARC strongly encourages qualified formerly incarcerated and system-impacted individuals to apply.
· Passionate about the ARC mission.
· Salary range $55K - $60K depending on experience.
· ARC pays 75% medical/dental/vision benefits for individual; 50% for dependents.
· 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid sick days.
· Approximately 10 days office closure during Christmas and New Years.
CONTACT – Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org